Tuesday, February 5, 2008

King Cake - Cupcakes!



So I wanted to make a King Cake for Fat Tuesday...alas...I've never made anything that requires yeast successfully. (I admit I haven't tried since my freshman year of high school.) Also, I lack anything mixer/breadmaker capable of mixing the dough. I went the lame easy route instead and made King Cupcakes!
They are the magnaolia vanilla cupcake recipe from http://neverbashfulwithbutter.blogspot.com filled with a cinammon pecan filling... topped with a tangy buttercream icing recipe...and a baby!

I thought they were pretty tasty cold, but I have my doubts that anyone around these parts will enjoy them.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Right! That's why people are gobbling them down!

Robin said...

Let's not forget the one lady at bowling who took FIVE of them!!!!