Sunday, February 24, 2008

Birthday Pizza!


After a super exciting birthday party, thanks to Xian's tasty treats and awesome friends, my actual birthday was pretty low-key. Amy, Holly, and Rob came over for pizza and Waitress, which Holly had bought me. I used Tyler Florence's recipe for the dough, only instead of rolling out the dough, Holly used her pizza shop experience to throw the dough in the air and stretch it like at a real pizza place. She has mad skillz! We added various toppings (mushrooms, onions, barbecue sauce, banana peppers, pepperonis, mozzarella, and parmesan, but not at the same time), and then threw it on my new pizza stone (thanks, Mom!). I don't think I ever need to order a pizza again! (I'm sure I will, though.) The crust was light and crisp, with lots of flavor. One note, though -- make sure you bake the crust by itself with a little bit of olive oil before you put on the toppings. The crust is so thin that if you don't bake it first the sauce will soak through and the crust gets not so crusty. It happened with one pizza, but it was still tasty.

1 comment:

Sara said...

that looks ooey gooey delicious. i haven't ate lunch, and i am sad now because i want that pizza.