Sunday, February 10, 2008

Guinness Cupcakes

We always like to try odd things around here. Chocolate and bacon? Yeah, we've done it. But, what about beer and cake? Sounds odd, but let me tell you -- it's totally awesome! I found a recipe the other day here and decided I had to try it. With a little help from my beer-loving friend Rob, I was on my way to another delicious combination.


Neat picture of butter and Guinness on the stove.



Chocolate and some other ingredients were added...


and then into the oven they went.



Whip up some cream cheese icing...



...and voila! Guinness cupcakes!

These were some mighty fine cupcakes! They had a nice chocolate yet not too sweet taste. They didn't really have much of a beer flavor at all. You could taste it if you tried pretty hard, and that's only after they cooled. The cream cheese icing was a nice contrast to the cake. I can't wait to try the recipe again with other beers!

1 comment:

Xian said...

I miss boozey goodness...and Jilly of course.