Thursday, March 27, 2008

Kate's Maple Cheesecake


Kate's been itching for a maple cheesecake since Thanksgiving dinner when she found out I like making cheesecakes. I finally made one for her birthday last week. Thanks for being so patient!

I used this recipe from the interweb. The crust, which was made with the syrup, caramelized beautifully and really gave a nice flavor to the cheesecake as a whole. The filling, however, only had a subtle maple flavor, but that was easily corrected with a drizzle of syrup on top (with fresh whipped cream and pecans, of course!). I used Wisconsin Grade B pure maple syrup instead of the Vermont that it calls for in the recipe, so I'm not sure if that's what made the difference. I don't think so, but if anyone is a maple syrup expert, let me know!

Happy birthday again, Kate! I really enjoyed making and eating this cheesecake! And thanks for the beautiful picture!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm maple...

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice in using Wisconsin maple syrup!