Monday, March 17, 2008

Cherry Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


I got my inspiration for these cookies from my usual weekday breakfast -- Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate granola bars. I don't usually like to eat much early in the morning, so these are just perfect for me. They also make nice afternoon snacks!


For the cookies, I just made a basic oatmeal cookie dough recipe and added Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips and some dried cherries. I don't even remember how much of each I put in (half a bag of the chips and probably 1/4 - 1/3 cup of cherries, I think), but the ratio was definitely off. The chocolate chips were a bit big for the cookies so the cherries were overpowered. Don't get me wrong, they were still tasty! But next time I think I would use smaller, if not mini, chocolate chips, and more cherries! I love fruit in my cookies!

1 comment:

Allen said...

You are a true master of the cookie!