Monday, April 7, 2008

Splenda a.k.a. Satan Cupcakes


These cupcakes, as you can tell from their placement in my trash can, were not worthy of the cupcake name. They were dense little nuggets of pain.
The recipe came from the Splenda website directly. I thought that might mean that it had been tested. Apparently I was wrong. If for some reason you want to take a shot at these yourself: be my guest.
I really just don't know how to describe these. They were drier than anything. They didn't taste remotely like chocolate and the Splenda/sweetener taste was incredibly overpowering. Even if they had tasted like chocolate...that artificial taste would have obliterated the chocolate anyway. They weren't even worth icing. I think a half splenda/half sugar recipe would probably be the way to go. I'd recommend avoiding these little beasts unless you are retaining water, they very well might absorb all of it.

3 comments:

Allen said...

splenda? soooooooooooooooo wrong...

Unknown said...

I suggest visiting www.truthaboutsplenda.com

Derek said...

Isn't splenda like toxic waste or something?! This is my favorite entry of all, as the photo is fantastic! This website is making me gain weight, I swear...by osmosis or something.