Monday, April 14, 2008

Derek's Oatmeal Chocolate Coconut Almond Tasties


Derek, our favorite Baltimore friend, had his 24th birthday last weekend, so I sent him some cookies. He said he wanted something with maybe some chocolate or coconut or almonds, so I made him cookies with all three! I found this recipe after a quick google, and it had good reviews, so I decided to try it.

I baked some test cookies first using 1/4 c. dough like the recipe says, but they didn't turn out so well. I definitely think the smaller cookies are better. Dan and I also tasted them with and without sea salt on top, and of course we went with the sea salt. I love the sweet and salty mix! However, I think there may have been a bit too much coconut, even for me, because the almond flavor was overpowered by the coconutiness. I've been eating the cookies I didn't send to Derek, and while they are still quite tasty, I think they are best right out of the oven with a cold glass of milk!

Happy late birthday, Derek! I hope you enjoyed your cookies!

1 comment:

Derek said...

My life was changed by these cookies, it makes me feel justified even more about going to my Combat class and kicking butt...I probably burned too many calories anyway, so this was a good refill. I wish it was my birthday everyday! Thank you!!! :)