Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Polka...Polka...Polka DOT!

I've been wanting to make these for awhile. They are two of my favorite things COMBINED...actually three...orange, chocolate and polka dots. They looked adorable. There was some extra effort involved in these babies...extra effort that paid off not at all. If I had been going for a regular sugar/shortbread cookie, these would have been delicious. That wasn't what I was going for...that wasn't why I zested the orange and bought orange concentrate (ick!) and added orange extract. The orange tri-fecta...all for kinda bland cookies.

This is what they looked like before I actually tried them:


This is what they looked like after I realized that the only thing that would help these bland little dears would be more chocolate:

No comments: